Thursday, July 17, 2014

Peel Bananas Backwards




Camera Top Down Shot: A ballroom with everyone in fine dress, huge dancefloor
Camera In: couple talking

Her: Everything is an argument with you
Him: I don’t mean it to be
Her: The travesty is that though you don’t intend, still a travesty
Him: Not intending should count for something
Her: Yeah, in the wrong way
Him: Now who’s arguing, holding sway?
Her: See above
Him: What? The everything is an argument with me bit?
Her: Yes, tis the bit you argument causing twit.
Him: Takes two to tango
[Grabs her, spins her onto the dance floor, begins dancing]
Her: Tango is nice, arguing is for naught.
Him: Then let’s trip the light fantastic and forget we ever fought.
Her: You dance like a rhino on crutches
Him: Beats a fight
Her: Doesn’t make it right
Him: It beats being wrong
Her: If not dancing with you is wrong, I don’t wanna be right, even if it means not dancing with you all night long
Him: Say, who’s the contrarian here?
Her: Ask all you want, see where that gets you
Him: If I remember correctly, it got me you, that’s who
Her: You bore me with details
Him: It’s where the devil is
Her: And that business is his
Him: I’m gonna give you the business
Her: You’re already in the red
Him: Red with desire my dear, for you and you alone
Her: Alone, sounds good, why don’t you go see if you can peel bananas backwards…
[Enter interlocutor/would-be dancer]
Interlocutor/would-be dancer: May I cut in?
Him: What are you a barber, a nuclear surgeon?
Interlocutor/would-be dancer: I’m a dancer, quite good I might add.
Him: Hm, I see. Well I definitely subtract, you, right out of here
Interlocutor/would-be dancer: Oh come now, be a gentleman
Him: Oh I’m gentle, genteel even, but you aren’t dancing with my wife.
Her: You aren’t dancing with your wife you clumsy clam, you might as well have three feet and it would be nice if just one of them wasn’t on top of mine.
[Suddenly, he gracefully dips her and at the bottom of the dip, kisses her passionately]
[she is taken aback and out of breath from the kiss]
Her: Well with dips like that, who needs foreplay?
Interlocutor/would-be dancer: Why don’t I leave you two alone.
Him: Yeah, why don’t you go see if you can peel bananas backwards.

SCENE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

In The Static

He had about 4 hours and 30 minutes. He, like Jack London, was going to use his time. What else did a man have…but time? Christians hav...