Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Letter to Long Run - 7/23/2014




Dear Long Run,

I just wanted to let you know that I am still basking in the glow from our date yesterday.  You have me on cloud nine after our get-together. I know you would have preferred to be outside on such a glorious day but given the length of time from our last date I am glad you agreed to meet me on the treadmill – just better for me right now given my conditioning. And while 9am isn’t exactly prime date time, given my yard work duties in the afternoon, I am glad we made the best of it. Wow, hard to believe we had over an hour alone together; just you and me, step after step, mile after mile. I was determined to spend time with you Long Run and while I am a little sore today, as John “Cougar” Mellencamp once sang, It Hurts So Good. Indeed Long Run, indeed. I hope this is the turning of a corner for me Long Run and the start of consistent get togethers again. I am vowing here and now to see you at least once a month Long Run, wait, once every two months, 3 tops Long Run, 3 tops… You are too good for me not to see you that often.

You had me at mile 1 Long Run.

See you soon,

Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

In The Static

He had about 4 hours and 30 minutes. He, like Jack London, was going to use his time. What else did a man have…but time? Christians hav...