Tuesday, March 24, 2015

For A Few



For A Few
               
You might be my huckleberry and I might meet my end  
There’s a cover band on stage and they’re my only friend
They left it up to me and maybe I’ll pull through                                 
But the audience is listening only to you
The drummer’s high on glory and the singer’s in need    
The crowd don’t know no better, the guitarist blew the lead
They’re just waiting on me and maybe I’ll show up          
 But I’m taking my sweet time, till I think they’ve suffered enough

I’m a little too high, which leave you a little low  I promise next time, next time I’ll show
and we’ll tear this place anew    but for now won’t you let me be, alone with myself,
for a few

the buzz is setting in and the music fill the souls            
closing time is looming and they cover it I'm told
they sing along and the band is right on time                       
it’s the time that flies while the years go by as the ages climb
“while we’re young” no truer words were said                   
then when your old you can say you bled
They stopped waiting, it’s me they didn’t need                 
I’m still trying, but there’s advice I just can’t heed

I’m a little too high, which leave you a little low  I promise next time, next time I’ll show
and we’ll tear this place anew    but for now won’t you let me be, alone with myself,
for a few
                

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

In The Static

He had about 4 hours and 30 minutes. He, like Jack London, was going to use his time. What else did a man have…but time? Christians hav...