Thursday, April 16, 2015

The Opposite of Michelob Commercials



I’m sorry what I said back there. I hope you don’t get your big brain going on that and think that I am, existentially unhappy, because that is not the case. I think it is a matter of perspective. Kinda like the old Michelob commercials, some days are better than others. And back there, when I said that stuff, I was not happy but if you back the lens out, say more existentially, of course I am happy…and grateful. Very appreciative of what I have. Maybe just that my lack of achievements get in the way some days. Like back there when I said that stuff I was thinking about my achievements, in comparison to others and let’s be honest, I come up short. Now please don’t get your big brain going on how this relates to you. You are not a loser like me just by association. Well again, loser is not in an existential sense, just in comparison to everyone we know. I mean sure we could take into account people that are more of a loser than me, like prisoners and terrorists but I think we both think we want to stay within the bounds of sensible and realistic. But again, being honest and thinking about the things others have done, it’s like I’m a trailer park in a neighborhood of mcmansions. Just sorta depressing…today…it’s getting to me today but I am again, very appreciative of everything I have, especially you. I don’t deserve you, especially after what I said back there, when I was having my opposite of a Michelob day. But that’s over with. I am done feeling sorry for myself because I am a loser. It’s like when Matt Damon and Greg Kinnear were afraid of everyone knowing that were conjoined twins and Eva Mendez said “don’t deny, embrace.” Well I am here now in front of you a new man, a man who is very appreciative of all the things he has, aware of all the things that matter in his life, even if he is a loser who has accomplished little to nothing in the big scheme of things. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

In The Static

He had about 4 hours and 30 minutes. He, like Jack London, was going to use his time. What else did a man have…but time? Christians hav...