Friday, February 17, 2017

How Many Your Lips Do?



I have to share this.

Why?

Because I laughed my ass off.
At 5 in the morning.
With no coffee in my system.

I had started Bill Bryson’s A Walk In The Woods a few days back, based upon Stephen King’s list of recommendations at the back of his On Writing.
Thoroughly enjoying the book I decided to heed my 5am alarm last Saturday morning and, instead of playing guitar in the basement, read at the dining room table as feet of snow awaited shoveling outside.
Soon thereafter I was laughing so hard I was worried I was going to wake the tots. Just howling in the light of the dining room with the rest of the house cloaked in darkness and silence.
Bryson is so very funny and is so because he is so unassuming in his voice. 
The book is simply about his experience hiking the Appalachian Trail, most of it done with his childhood friend Katz.
Read on and try not to laugh:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

In The Static

He had about 4 hours and 30 minutes. He, like Jack London, was going to use his time. What else did a man have…but time? Christians hav...