Monday, March 19, 2018

blue void


What of this softening of the species? What of these humans that used to torture cats for entertainment who now want women to be able to marry women; what with all of their emotional intelligence?
What if the species grows soft but also can’t focus.
What of the luddites and those who withheld from the phones and the google and the screens and the digital world for a world of paper and soil and fire and sheepshanks and bricklaying and all the matter that really matters? Their minds attentive for hours at a time, their focus honed and keen for the slightest drop or change or nuance…yes nuance; they don’t need to be hit over the head for they are finely tuned and attuned unlike us, you and me, staring into the blue void and the mindless swiping in a digital love that renders us blank and brain-drooling and so desensitized to the stuff of stuff and the matter that matters that we don’t…notice, never do…the differences that aren’t digital as we fall the down that ones and zeroes rabbit hole for hours and hours and hours at a time numb as we fall, our brains flitting like hummingbird wings from this to that mindless, truly mindless soundbite and substance-free meme and sugar-laden a la cart idea that we agree and agree and agree with and contrast becomes vile never neutral and it becomes alarming and threatening because we’ve tailored and tailored and pruned and selected from the hits only those things we want to hear and feel and eat and know, especially know, over and over and over and we will not fight personal bias. Will not look in a mirror, will not question…who has time? I just got a text and it agrees with me and me with it and it soothes me, waves me back in from the matter that matters…and I look and the blue void calls to me and knows what I think I need which is what I need because perception is reality now and what were those people thinking thinking otherwise?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

In The Static

He had about 4 hours and 30 minutes. He, like Jack London, was going to use his time. What else did a man have…but time? Christians hav...