Monday, May 22, 2017

Me and My Me Machine

I can't say enough good things about Joshua Ferris' To Rise Again At A Decent Hour.

Actually I can say enough good things.

At one point in the novel he writes:

"I could go on. I will go on."

How can you not like that? You like it, you know you do.

Besides the great writing and the great characters and the Coen brothers-style dark comedy there is the fact that the protagonist is an atheist.

So for this guy with two thumbs who doesn't believe this was a nice welcome mat.

Pretty good interview here.

But, by far, the best thing about reading this book was Ferris calling cell phones Me Machines.

Perfect, just perfect.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

In The Static

He had about 4 hours and 30 minutes. He, like Jack London, was going to use his time. What else did a man have…but time? Christians hav...