Monday, May 8, 2017

I Think It Was Van Morison Who Said La La La La, La La La



La La Land
Watched La La Land Saturday Night. I know I know, a little late to the party. Don’t yell at me, I’ve got two kids and a two hour commute.
It is a great movie. And while the ending is harshly bittersweet, the overarching reaction I had to the movie was laughing.
I thought it was very funny.
Ryan Gosling’s comedic timing is superb. It’s really kind of annoying how talented he is what with the singing and the dancing and the acting but, humor too! Not exactly fair.
He and Emma Stone are terrific actors. Her scene where her audition is interrupted when she is crying is beyond good. 

The home run for me was the explanation of jazz scene. As a, I wouldn’t call myself a musician, person who gained some facility on the guitar (enough to be considered a pro-am playing some larger venues in smaller towns) who gained an appreciation for jazz, this scene was, while written very concisely yet powerfully, acted such that one can’t help appreciate both at once – acting and jazz. 

Our tots love to watch movies in Mom's Honda Pilot and have commandeered the vehicle's sound system. On sunday morning drives to swim lessons though, they have succumbed, been won over, and have come to expect their little hearts and minds to be filled...by jazz.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

In The Static

He had about 4 hours and 30 minutes. He, like Jack London, was going to use his time. What else did a man have…but time? Christians hav...