Monday, March 14, 2016

Purists, Parenting, and Pussification

Forgive me lord, it's been a while since my last blog.

I hope you forgive me as well dear reader, there with bated breath, hanging on my every word, practically drooling with anticipation.

It's been a while because I've been away, parenting. Well, sort of. Parenting while my wife is at a conference usually means a little more screen time for the tots.

Which brings me to Finding Nemo. The purists will piss and moan, then throw out pedantic hoo ha about contrives and yiddy yadda and all sort of feces. But let's face it, Finding Nemo is a good movie.

Is having seen it 14 times over the past 9 days impacting my judgement? No more than the bourbon I had for lunch. Does the fact that my kids love it when I say "Hey Mr. Grumpy Gills" cloud my judgement? No more than an ink cloud from a certain squid you might know and love.

The best part of the Grumpy Gills bit is the shape of Dory's lips. Attention to detail my friends.







So that covers the purist and parenting inanity.

Pussification it is. I just finished the Pinker book Better Angles of Our Nature and recommend it. But if playing dodgeball is wrong I don't wanna be right.

Excerpt:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

In The Static

He had about 4 hours and 30 minutes. He, like Jack London, was going to use his time. What else did a man have…but time? Christians hav...