Monday, May 18, 2015

The Swedish Chef and Adulthood



Had a weird experience this weekend. 

Was driving with my wife and kids this weekend and we were imitating the Swedish Chef from The Muppet Show saying “oh the shrimpies” and just, genuinely, having a ball – the toddler was laughing, we were laughing, laughing at our laughing. And out of nowhere I thought of the incredible depraved debauchery and barely legal hedonism that counted as having a ball during my high school, college, grad school, post grad, late twenties, early thirties, and mid thirties and how far it is from imitating the Swedish chef for a toddler’s delight. 

Have I [gasp!] grown up? 

But here’s the thing, if I have grown up, I’m freaked out and if I haven’t grown up, I’m freaked out. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

In The Static

He had about 4 hours and 30 minutes. He, like Jack London, was going to use his time. What else did a man have…but time? Christians hav...