Tuesday, April 2, 2024

Line of Work

On my commute this morning, I saw a company truck for

https://www.tcsco2.com/


"We put the fizz in your bizz."

Did you ever stop and wonder about how you got into your line of work?

Did you ever stop and wonder about all the accidents and possible paths that landed you in your line of work and not some other? 

I was working at a Kmart when I decided to go back to school (and accrue more debt) for Counselor Ed. Somehow I got a GA gig in Judiciaries (somehow = I had a good interview and a good recommendation) which led to a job in Judiciaries, then a College of Medicine, then Arts & Sciences, then to Rhode Island and a somewhat stable career in Higher Ed. 

But I am fully aware that all this, ALL THIS, was tenuous, and that it DIDNT HAVE TO BE. 

Does that ever scare you? 

How could it have turned out? 

Poorer? Happier? More fulfilled? Richer? 

So many moments seem like fulcrums that could have changed things irreparably. 

Does that ever scare you?

Or is it just me that thinks about such things? 

It's probably me.

It's me. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

In The Static

He had about 4 hours and 30 minutes. He, like Jack London, was going to use his time. What else did a man have…but time? Christians hav...