Friday, February 2, 2018

Be Careful When You Change The Channel

per the usual, me and the boys were listening to the radio on our lovely morning commute (heavy sarcasm, correction, heaviest sarcasm - the commute into providence is worse than having your gums scraped with a rusty phillips head screwdriver that's been soaked in kerosene) and whilst (a word that should be used more IMHO)(could I use more parentheses?) we were listening to my favorite indy station in the isle of rhode, (Rhode Island for the neophytes reading) WRIU where the silky Nat King Cole was crooning.

I can dig the Colster. May I call him the Colster? Prolly not.

Anyhoo, WRIU decides to do a twofer of the Kinger (doesn't work either) so I thought before I get too much into the second song I'll check WHJY as I like their skits from Paul & Al.

So in less than a second I go from the uber-smooth timbre of Nat King Cole to the bleeding sandpaper scratch of David Lee Roth during Runnin' With The Devil.

Talk about a study in contrast.

No, that is an imperative. Right now! Get talking about a study in contrast.

Listen for yourselves.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

In The Static

He had about 4 hours and 30 minutes. He, like Jack London, was going to use his time. What else did a man have…but time? Christians hav...