Monday, July 24, 2017

PB&J



My son advised this past Saturday that: “Daddy, I never want to hurt your soul.”

“Thanks Ju Ju but are you forgetting the classic problem of parallelism?”

*son runs off to play with leggos…

“You see Julian, Descartes defined the…

*son runs outside...

Later on that day as I was having a peanut butter and jelly sandwich it hit me: they can continue to run parallel but we can experience them both at the same time, just like the magic of a peanut butter and jelly sammie! Clearly peanut butter and jelly never mix, interact. Obvi! but in my mouth, mmm, a heaven of non-interaction.

My mouth is the arena for the clear and distinctly defined peanut butter (clearly the body) and jelly (the cogito) just like experience is the arena for the material and immaterial.

So I guess I went ahead and solved that paltry parallelism dilemma. You are welcome. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

In The Static

He had about 4 hours and 30 minutes. He, like Jack London, was going to use his time. What else did a man have…but time? Christians hav...