Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Tenderness




Tenderness
maybe I could change
or leave a little room
maybe I could cozy up to you
and make sure your flowers bloom
maybe I could keep my mouth shut
let the chips fall where they may
but then I’d feel cheated
and I’m just not wired that way
maybe I could ask you
make a softly sold request
for just a little, I know you can do it…
tenderness
you didn’t think I’d need it too
but alas I think I’m telling you
that I do
in good times and in bad
in sickness and in health
in the poverty I  know all too well
and your privilege and wealth
so I’ll try again
and again
for the soft spot
you have for the rest
for my own little slice of
tenderness

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

In The Static

He had about 4 hours and 30 minutes. He, like Jack London, was going to use his time. What else did a man have…but time? Christians hav...