Friday, September 15, 2017

Without Your Demons Kicking Me

I found myself driving home later than usual last night and in an  effort to hear something different on the radio I tried my independent station from the University of Rhode Island, WRIU, hoping to catch jazz or perhaps bluegrass.

Alas, it was a "country" block. Usually I would turn the station as I'm not a fan.

But when you hear a voice, so beautifully lush with despair and authenticity, you don't turn the fucking channel.

I didn't.

When the song was over I sat in the car in darkness and went to itunes and gobbled it up.

BTW, I know this will be sold under a country label genre but, a la George Carlin, it's all blues music.



Carlin:

I'll tell you a little secret about the blues. It's not enough to know which notes to play, you have to know why they need to be played.

Suzanne Santo knows why they need to be played.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

In The Static

He had about 4 hours and 30 minutes. He, like Jack London, was going to use his time. What else did a man have…but time? Christians hav...