Tuesday, June 13, 2017

“I’m happy for you banana.”



Fuck Joshua Ferris.
Fuck him and his words and his sentences and his paragraphs and his book The Unnamed.
I have cried reading books. I have laughed reading books.
But never before have I said, out loud, “oh god” in shock while reading a book, tears streaked on my face, whimpering in my office on my god damn lunch hour.
So fuck Joshua Ferris.
For stringing me along through The Unnamed, there with David as he can’t help but walk away, quite literally, from the wife he truly loves; the wife he knows was there for him year in and year out when he needed her at all hours. And when she yells at him, pleads with him all you had to do was come back! when she found another, he says:
“I’m happy for you banana.”
Fuck Joshua Ferris. I don’t’ need this shit. I don’t need these emotions, I don’t need these feelings. I don’t need this, I know Ferris has read Heidegger when he writes in The Unnamed “this was being in the world,” turbulence.
And on my lunch hour!

The Unnamed is a modest meditation on the mind-body problem and an even smaller meditation on god but it really isn’t the point as the, wait for it, soul of the book is between the people.
Be you matter, be you mind, you need others. Be they matter, be they mind.
Yes you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

In The Static

He had about 4 hours and 30 minutes. He, like Jack London, was going to use his time. What else did a man have…but time? Christians hav...